POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Half a cylinder (with open ends) : Re: Half a cylinder (with open ends) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Half a cylinder (with open ends)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Jul 2012 02:58:08
Message: <50123c00$1@news.povray.org>
On 26-7-2012 17:25, Chaanakya wrote:
I've actually been using the manual pretty heavily ;)

Excellent :-) My /hint/ was half serious. I know from experience that
some things need to settle down, so to speak, before being properly
understood. Once you get the knack for it, csg becomes pretty easy
(although I sometimes meet bewildering situations). Intersection and
difference may look quite the same in the end and yet one or the other
may be the preferred solution according to the case at hand. It helps
(for me) to visualize how to do it in the Real World, with a piece of
wood for instance.

Thomas