POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Strange halo on reflections : Re: Strange halo on reflections Server Time
30 Jun 2024 04:05:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange halo on reflections
From: Alain
Date: 13 Jul 2012 21:04:53
Message: <5000c5b5$1@news.povray.org>

> I tried to use media but cant get it to work properly. Still when my xscan
> paramter = 4 the reflection is too bright, it should be much weaker than when
> xscan = 3. Here is how i modified the absorber object. The only other change I
> made was to the photons global setting where i added "media 100". Am i doing
> something wrong?
>
> object{
>
> box
> {
>     <-extent,-extent,t_st> <extent,extent,t_st+t_abs>
>     hollow
>     pigment{rgbt 1}
>     finish
>     {
>       reflection{0,1 fresnel}
>       conserve_energy
>     }
>
>     interior{ior cmt_ior fade_distance cmt_abs fade_power 1000
>         media{
>          absorption <1,1,1>
>          intervals 3
With the default sampling method, intervals MUST stay at it's default of
1. Changing it only make the render MUCH slower.
If you need more samples, increase the samples count.
>          samples 1,1         }
Also, with the default sampling method, samples should be at least 3
defaulting to 10.
There is only a single samples value used, the second is always silently
ignored.

>     }
>
>     PhotonTarget(no, yes, yes, yes)

This is a NOP statement. It set NOT a photons target, the default state.
The refraction and reflection switches are only relevent IF the object
is a target. Collect on is the default.
ANY reflective or refractive object that receive secondary photons WILL
reflect or refract them.

> }
> }

Alain