POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov 3.6 expiration again... : Re: Pov 3.6 expiration again... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:09:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov 3.6 expiration again...
From: ABX
Date: 31 Mar 2004 13:47:30
Message: <4v3m60tnig2chqdt1vpeots5bhq5rb3lir@4ax.com>
On 31 Mar 2004 13:26:25 -0500, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:
> I stil dont understand what is point of disallowing peoples to use 3.6

There is nothing to be disallowed because there is no 3.6 release.
There is only beta of 3.6 which is dedicated to the users who want to help.
Helping means also understanding development model and not complaining about
it because such discussions waste time which could be used for development
itself. Today is expiry date but be tolerant to time zones, real life and
other difficoulties.

> if they realy want to, woould a warining message be better...?

It is not that software is release under conditions designed by users but it
is that users use software under conditions designed by software owner.

> It is quite stupid that I have to hack a free ware program.

You have agreed during installation to the terms of usage. So you were warned
about "stupidity" of developers with years of experience with supporting not
always very intelligent users.

ABX