POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Reducing memory usage : Re: Reducing memory usage Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reducing memory usage
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 30 Oct 2003 04:12:02
Message: <4u0771-t43.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
David Jaquay wrote:
> And indeed, as another post mentioned, this
> particular scene uses radiosity, IIRC.

No, stackerday and stackernight use radiosity, the others not.

> So what about #2, in my original post?  Can I expect to render the image in
> halves and get reduced memory usage?  (I suppose I can try it and see, but
> I was hoping for an informed opinion, rather than experimental
> guesswork...)

I am pretty sure if the observation is correct you can reduce the amount
of memory shown by the windows task manager by rendering in several
parts - i can't think of any advantage of this though.

Rendering a scene in several parts is a common method for radiosity
scenes but this is a completely different topic.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______