POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : SSLT translucency values : SSLT translucency values Server Time
16 May 2024 21:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  SSLT translucency values
From: FlyerX
Date: 17 Jun 2012 07:19:32
Message: <4fddbd44$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I am working with the SSLT features in RC5 (Windows 64bit) and so far
they seem to give nice results and I am adding it to PoseRay as a
material property.

According to the POV-Ray documentation, there is additional information
about the translucency for several materials listed in
http://graphics.stanford.edu/papers/bssrdf/bssrdf.pdf.

I suppose the documentation refers to Figure 5 in the SIGGRAPH
publication. Which of the values (or combination of them) are we
supposed to use? I was given by clipka a skin value of <2.0,1.5,0.8>
which, according to him, should be between the skin1 and skin2 values in
Figure 5 but does not seem to match the data.

Thanks for any info on this.

regards,

FlyerX