POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Use uniform texture : Re: Use uniform texture Server Time
26 Apr 2024 21:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Use uniform texture
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Jun 2012 16:37:40
Message: <4fc92814@news.povray.org>
On 01/06/2012 7:58 PM, sic2 wrote:

>> Also, I don't get why a pigment/texture applied to all the union does not
>> overwrite all the other pigments/textures.

It is a philosophical thing. Look at it the other way round.
You can texture the whole object using a texture in the union and
texture individual components with their own texture.

> In addition to my previous message.
>
> Is it possible that some of the objects appear "black" because of their concave
> shape? (some of the objects, in fact, are bowls, vases, boxes, etc).

I would check the message window and see if there is a line that reads
something like:

Rays:            1046865   Saved:             39883   Max Level: 5/5

The important bit is:
Max Level: 5/5
Which means that the Max_Trace_Level is set to 5 and the level has been
reached. Try increasing it in the global_settings. For instance;
global_settings { max_intersections 25}

--
Regards
     Stephen