POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : problem with light source : Re: problem with light source Server Time
27 Jun 2024 16:56:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem with light source
From: Warp
Date: 25 May 2012 07:51:39
Message: <4fbf724b@news.povray.org>
Kokni_me <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Yeah, that helped. And could You tell me, how can I make it blurry, so that I
> have more realistic source of light?

  You have two options, one "proper", and another using a trick.

1) The "proper" way to do that is to make the sphere completely transparent
(by making its pigment be "transmit 1") and then add a spherical emitting
media inside it. (Remember to use the keyword 'hollow' in the sphere or
else the media won't show up.)

2) The easier and faster way is to use a trick: Make the sphere completely
transparent (with "transmit 1") like above, but instead of adding a media
to it, add "specular 1" to its finish. (You can fine-tune the brightness
and size of the apparent "halo" produced this way by changing that 1 to
something else as well as specifying different values of "roughness".
Start with "roughness 0.01".)

  I recommend trying the second method first, as it will probably suit
your needs.

--
                                                          - Warp