POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Alpha channel affecting highlighting : Re: Alpha channel affecting highlighting Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha channel affecting highlighting
From: clipka
Date: 19 May 2012 10:04:56
Message: <4fb7a888@news.povray.org>
Am 19.05.2012 05:04, schrieb Thomas A. Fine:

> #declare redgloss = texture { pigment { color rgb<1,0,0>  } finish { ambient 0.1
specular 0.5 diffuse 0.5 reflection 0.1 } }

Did you try without the reflection?

If that helps, try adding

   sphere { <0,0,0> 100000
     texture {
       pigment { color rgb 0 }
     }
     finish { ambient 0 specular 0 diffuse 0 }
     no_image
   }

It might be that reflections of a transparent background produce weird
results; by enveloping the scene in a huge black sphere we provide
something opaque to reflect, and the "no_image" statement makes sure the
image itself still shows the background.