POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Using the "built in" timrom.ttf font : Re: Using the "built in" timrom.ttf font Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using the "built in" timrom.ttf font
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 11 May 2012 02:39:49
Message: <4facb435@news.povray.org>
Le 11/05/2012 04:27, David J Bush a écrit :
> I use povray 3.6 under Debian Linux. I see timrom.ttf in the include directory,
> but if I simply #include timrom.ttf I get an error, since this is not a text
> file. But if I try to use the text command as follows
>
> text {
> ttf "timrom.ttf" ...
>
> I get
>
> Parse Error: Cannot open font file.
>
> What did I miss? Thanks.
>
> David

Please check your debian-installation: they might have moved the
timrom.ttf out of the expected -L paths in system povray ini file.
(traditional variation is /usr or /usr/local ... distro repackaging sucks)

Quick fix: in your povray.ini ( $HOME/.povray/3.6/povray.ini IIRC), add
line:
-L<path to the directory where timrom.ttf is>

I/O restriction might also be on the way, but it is something I never
use. (I compile my povray myself, so I can disable it)