POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Downloading the FULL POV-Ray documentation : Re: Downloading the FULL POV-Ray documentation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Downloading the FULL POV-Ray documentation
From: clipka
Date: 24 Apr 2012 23:01:30
Message: <4f97690a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 25.04.2012 03:50, schrieb bluestar:
> There seems to be some disparity between the online POV-Ray documentation and
> the documentation that is available for download. Also, the online site
> indicated documentation was included with the install package but I was unable

POV-Ray 3.6.2 is essentially 3.6.1c with changes to make it play nicer
with Windows Vista and 7. (That's also the reason why there's no POV-Ray
3.6.2 for Linux.)

> The online documentation at:
> http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/1/
> is by far the most thorough and it is the documentation I wish to download.
>
> The documentation available for download at:
> http://www.povray.org/download/
> and the link is located at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately, this item is
> only the POV-Ray Reference doc which is a subset of the online documentation,

Note that section 1 "Introduction to POV-Ray" is included in the
download as well, in the file named "tutorial-*.*", so the only parts
missing are the platform-specific ones.