POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Overlapping multiple generated scenes : Re: Overlapping multiple generated scenes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Overlapping multiple generated scenes
From: clipka
Date: 23 Apr 2012 18:17:34
Message: <4f95d4fe@news.povray.org>
Am 23.04.2012 23:21, schrieb sic2:

> I hope all this was clear somehow. I would perfectly understand if this seems
> just a mess to you.

Thank you for your understanding :-)

Maybe you're better off with your initial approach of cutting the scene
into slices after all.

Note that you can do this as an "animation" to get an image for every
slice; just compute the position of the slicing planes (or slicing box)
from either "clock" or "frame_number", and specify "+kfi1 kff100" (for
instance, to get 100 slices) as rendering options.

You can then post-process each of the slices separately as needed, and
finally layer them over another again. (It might help to activate alpha
channel output; use "background { color rgbt 1 }" and the rendering
option "+UA" for that. Make sure to use an image format that supports
transparency, such as PNG.)