POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Decaying ripples : Re: Decaying ripples Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Decaying ripples
From: Stephen
Date: 23 Apr 2012 10:09:05
Message: <4f956281$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/04/2012 11:39 AM, Bill Pragnell wrote:
>>    Ah! The exponential, just what I was looking for.
>> >  It is true that if you don't use it, you lose it.
> Too true. I use it a little too much to be honest:)

In that case you could use your mathematical brain ;-) to tell me how to
translate the function below along the z axis. I used the formula that
you suggestion to create a ripple but for the life of me I cannot move
it from the origin.  After reading the doc I substituted z-2 for z and
that did not work properly. I am at a loss.

(sqrt(exp(-0.5*x*x) *exp(-0.5*z*z) ))  }

--
Regards
     Stephen