POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with macro(s) for simulating weather patterns : Re: Help with macro(s) for simulating weather patterns Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with macro(s) for simulating weather patterns
From: stbenge
Date: 17 Apr 2012 13:32:53
Message: <4f8da945@news.povray.org>
On 4/16/2012 7:26 AM, D103 wrote:
>  From there, it's a simple thing to determine if the point in question is water,
> or if not, how close to water it is. If the planet in use has no surface water,
> then it would be a simple thing to add an "eval_pigment" to the macro, with a
> conditional value which returns true or false depending, thus saving
> computational time. :)

Tip: when doing a lot of eval_pigment tests, *do not* include
functions.inc. Just copy the macro to your scene file. Parsing will be a
/lot/ faster. This is true for all POV-Ray macros.

Also, if you can somehow use functions instead of 2D arrays, do it.
Storing images as 2D arrays in POV is extremely inefficient.

If you need help with the water proximity detection, I've got a blur
macro that may be of some use.

Happy Raytracing,

Sam