POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with macro(s) for simulating weather patterns : Re: Help with macro(s) for simulating weather patterns Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with macro(s) for simulating weather patterns
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Apr 2012 10:32:40
Message: <4f86e788$1@news.povray.org>
On 12-4-2012 11:59, D103 wrote:
> Just wondering, does nobody have any experience with this type of thing, or is
> the general feeling maybe that I should do my own hard work? ;)
>
> In any case, I'm doing my best, and shall upload the results (provided they are
> worth it).
>
> Also, when it's finished, I'll upload the macro(s) when they're done, I have a
> feeling that other people may have a use for them. :)
>
> D103

It looks quite exciting although it seems not easy to do to me. I
suppose you do not want to emulate the super-computers that try to model
the atmosphere ;-) but even so, there are so many complex parameters
that I would wonder where to start. However, you seem to have some ideas
and I am looking forward to some preliminary results. I suppose that
would make it easier to discuss.

Thomas