POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Fresnel Lens example : Re: Fresnel Lens example Server Time
28 Sep 2024 07:38:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fresnel Lens example
From: James Holsenback
Date: 30 Mar 2012 17:45:39
Message: <4f762983@news.povray.org>
On 03/30/2012 03:56 PM, ptsneves wrote:
> Hi
> I found on Google a scene exemplifying the use of one fresnel lens. I have tried
> to change the scene to put another fresnel lens in front of the converged light
> coming from the fresnel lens. The problem is that light does not pass across
> this second fresnel lens and just "stops" there with no effect. I would be
> grateful if somebody pointed me out why is this simple addition not working or
> at least point to the concept which i am misunderstanding.
>
> Below is the scene file.
> Thanks
> Paulo Neves

There's a thread in povray.beta-test ... "Photons not working as
expected?" I saw the header "optics.pov" at the top of your scene file,
and wonder if this might be the problem? Early after the last release a
bug was found, reported and fixed! What version are you using? v3.7 RC4
and RC5 have the problem.