POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Subsurface Light Transport and mesh2 : Re: Subsurface Light Transport and mesh2 Server Time
21 May 2024 20:34:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurface Light Transport and mesh2
From: FlyerX
Date: 25 Mar 2012 23:40:52
Message: <4f6fe544$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/25/2012 7:37 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 25.03.2012 22:19, schrieb FlyerX:
>> Here is the material I used on the skin:
>>
>> #declare PR_DIFFUSE=pigment {color srgb <0.93,0.71,0.54> }
>> #declare F1=finish{specular 0 //Max highlight intensity: 0 -> 1
>> roughness 0.02203444 //surface roughness: 0.0005 -> 1
>> phong 0 phong_size 0 //Phong specular disabled
>>
>> ambient rgb <0.00,0.00,0.00>
>> diffuse 0.6
>> reflection{0 } conserve_energy
>> subsurface {translucency 0.8}
>> }
>> material{
>> texture{uv_mapping
>> pigment{PR_DIFFUSE }
>> finish{F1}
>> }
>> interior{ior 1}
>> }
>
> OK, here's the deal: To avoid SSLT seams between multiple objects, they
> currently must /share/ a common interior - it's not sufficient to have
> interiors with identical parameters, or even instances of the same
> #define'd interior. The only way to achieve this is to specify the
> interior in the parent CSG rather than the individual primitives.
>
> Thus, to get the desired results, you need to:
>
> - REMOVE any interior statements from the material.
> - ADD the interior statement to the union or merge.
> - For each part that needs a different ior (e.g. eyelashes or teeth) add
> an individual interior statement.

Thanks. It works now. I just added a material{interior{ior 1.3}} at the
end of the grouped skin meshes. Is union or merge better for SSLT? What
about translucency color? is there a range that gives better results for
human skin?

I used ior of 1 just to make sure that no other effects were giving me
the dark edges.

FlyerX