POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : #switch...#end bug with 3.7 RC5 : Re: #switch...#end bug with 3.7 RC5 Server Time
29 Apr 2024 16:40:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #switch...#end bug with 3.7 RC5
From: clipka
Date: 17 Mar 2012 14:00:21
Message: <4f64d135$1@news.povray.org>

> High!
>
> Version 3.7 RC5 apparently is not yet able to handle animation loops
> properly: when I tried to render this script
>
> [...]
>
> with +ki0 +kf299 +kfi0 +kff 299, PoV-Ray prompted an error message on
> line 32: parse error: Expected 'numeric expression', texture found instead
>
> The same scene runs flawlessly under 3.6!

Looks like POV-Ray slips through the second #switch statement without
matching any of the #range blocks. Note that you failed to cover the
whole possible range: 99.5, for instance, isn't in included.

Now you may think that your animation settings should make sure that
clock = frame number, and therefore an integer value. However, note that
those settings don't instruct POV-Ray to just use frame_number as clock
- it still computes the clock like it would for any "odd" setting. As a
result, you may get rounding differences, and end up with clock values
of something like 99.999999.

Just make sure your ranges overlap (e.g. #range(0,100) and
#range(100,200)); POV-Ray will pick the first match and be done with it,
so a value of 100 will only hit the first range block.