POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Test of RC5 Windows installer : Re: Test of RC5 Windows installer Server Time
21 May 2024 16:07:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test of RC5 Windows installer
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 10 Mar 2012 18:48:38
Message: <4f5be856@news.povray.org>
> I would appreciate it if some of you could sanity-check the RC5
> windows installer, which may be found here:

Installed successfully on Windows 7 x64.

Note that I tried running it without elevation to see what
would happen and got the elevation dialog. Does this mean a
per-user install is no longer supported? Personally I don't
mind but based on previous posts some people do.

Two minor issues:

- The name of the desktop icon is quite long and the version number
   got truncated (...). As the "for Windows" part is rather redundant
   on a Windows desktop I'd suggest to just use "POV-Ray v3.7 RC5".

- It seems the help index has been fixed, but by chance the first
   item I tried was "pigment_pattern" (with underscore), and this mapped
   to the documentation for "pavement".

Regards,

   Christian