POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : SSLT RC3 and RC4 : SSLT RC3 and RC4 Server Time
21 May 2024 15:13:16 EDT (-0400)
  SSLT RC3 and RC4
From: Stephen
Date: 5 Mar 2012 12:17:16
Message: <4f54f51c$1@news.povray.org>
I have been experimenting with the SSLT in RC4 using scenes I built in RC3.
The image linked below is the Lucy mesh without using SSLT.
http://i.imgur.com/8Nnor.jpg

This one is using the same material but with RC4 SLT.
http://i.imgur.com/GAfXm.jpg

And this is using the same material and settings with RC3 SLT.
http://i.imgur.com/GF05j.jpg

I actually prefer the RC3 image.
When experimenting with the translucency and sampling I reached a point
where I was using very high sampling 2048, 100. The image below was
stopped after almost 8 hours. It is a different material it uses a
texture map instead of a colour map.
http://i.imgur.com/WcRME.jpg
The detail is very hard to make out so that is why I upped the samples.

for comparison. I made this about a year ago.
http://i.imgur.com/elaf0.jpg

Comments welcome.

Maybe the Lucy mesh is not suitable for using translucency, it is very
big and I had to reduce the size to work with it and I have no idea what
it is like inside. I will experiment some more with another mesh,
probably this one.
http://i.imgur.com/48p9m.jpg

--
Regards