POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Coordinates of an object : Re: Coordinates of an object Server Time
28 Sep 2024 07:43:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coordinates of an object
From: James Holsenback
Date: 25 Feb 2012 12:55:23
Message: <4f49208b@news.povray.org>
On 02/25/2012 12:27 PM, sniper wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have made an object, say dodecahedron. I defined vertices, then faces and
> finally the cell. Then I transform the cell to an object. And then I scaled and
> rotated it. Is there a possibility to transform back changed object for
> achieving its coordinates of vertices? If no, how I could do this
> mathematically? Thanks.

there are some functions that you can use: vtransform (i think) take a
look at descriptions in the docs AND in the distribution include file
(transform.inc) ... there's some good stuff in there ;-)

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_7.5#transforms.inc

but usually most folks (not all) do scaling, rotating with the object at
<0,0,0> the place it ...