POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : RC4 available : Re: RC4 available Server Time
16 Jun 2024 18:02:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RC4 available
From: clipka
Date: 21 Feb 2012 23:05:44
Message: <4f446998@news.povray.org>
Am 20.02.2012 22:43, schrieb Tamas Gunda:

>> 3.7 RC4 is now available at http://www.povray.org/beta/.
>
> Thanks. However, I'm a bit surprised. RC version usually means that only last
> minute bugs are fixed, fine turnings are performed without any substantial
> changes. Changing the setup system, adding new options are usually alpha level
> changes. But let's hope everything plays well. :)

Indeed, with hindsight it would probably have been better to introduce
those changes during beta phase already; but some issues hadn't been
identified as serious problems back then; and as for the new features,
most of them have a virtually zero risk of breaking existing ones, are
either small enough or have been tested extensively enough to be quite
sure that they're bug-free in themselves, and are either better fit for
3.7.0 rather than a later 3.7.1 release or complement features already
introduced during beta phase.