POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rectangular Mazes : Re: Rectangular Mazes Server Time
2 May 2024 18:53:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rectangular Mazes
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Feb 2012 23:00:44
Message: <4f4073ec$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/11/2012 16:21, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> exercises in the introduction to computer science course I took way

There are a bunch of algorithms with different trade-offs.
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Maze_generation_algorithm
I generally go back to Prim's, because it's more flexible. For example, you
can put "no-go" zones, you can put "big open room" zones, and it's pretty
trivial to turn into a maze algorithm with bridges and tunnels.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)