POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Alpha channel with background color : Re: Alpha channel with background color Server Time
25 Jun 2024 02:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha channel with background color
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 18 Feb 2012 20:07:42
Message: <4f404b5e$1@news.povray.org>
Cousin Ricky wrote:
>> There's no reason to warn about such a situation. The "hollow" keyword
>> only affects how the object interacts with media.
>
> That was exactly my situation.
>
> The warning is (was) useful.

I think the point of clipka's comment was that the old warning
also did not test whether the media container was inside a non-hollow
object (the situation creating the problem). It only warned for the
camera position (not related to the problem, although you could get
lucky if the culprit was an enclosing room or environment object).

Of course, it does beg the question whether a warning couldn't just
be printed when some media is encountered but not rendered due to the
non-hollowness (it has to be checked somewhere to have an effect?).