POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Alpha channel with background color : Re: Alpha channel with background color Server Time
25 Jun 2024 02:03:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha channel with background color
From: clipka
Date: 16 Feb 2012 10:33:50
Message: <4f3d21de$1@news.povray.org>
Am 16.02.2012 11:43, schrieb Cousin Ricky:
> "Cousin Ricky"<rickysttATyahooDOTcom>  wrote:
>> sphere
>> {  0, HUGE_RADIUS
>>     pigment { rgb BACKGROUND_COLOR }
>>     finish { ambient 0 diffuse 0 emission 1 }
>>     no_image
>> }
>
> That sphere should be declared hollow.
>
> What happened to that warning about the camera being inside a non-hollow object?
>   That could have saved me days of banging my head against the wall.

There's no reason to warn about such a situation. The "hollow" keyword
only affects how the object interacts with media.

BTW, instead of a huge sphere you could just as well use a sky_sphere -
it /should/ do exactly the same (provided you're using "#version 3.7").
There /is/ a difference between specifying a background and specifying a
single-colored sky sphere.