POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Differences in calculations Windows-Linux : Re: Differences in calculations Windows-Linux Server Time
1 Jun 2024 15:10:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Differences in calculations Windows-Linux
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Feb 2012 21:00:09
Message: <4f3c6329@news.povray.org>
On 2/14/2012 11:49, Jos leys wrote:
> The same file produces a different constellation of the spheres after a few
> hundred frames in Linux as compared to the same under Windows.

Run the two and keep all the intermediate files. See which pair of files has
different results. I'm betting it's a difference in the printf() function,
or whatever it is that POV uses to output floating point numbers as decimal
strings, where the trailing bits are getting rounded differently during the
formatting.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)