POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pointing at an object : Re: Pointing at an object Server Time
26 Jun 2024 09:01:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pointing at an object
From: Tail Kinker
Date: 15 Feb 2012 07:39:34
Message: <4f3ba786$1@news.povray.org>
On 12-02-15 05:16 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 15/02/2012 10:15, Thomas de Groot a écrit :

>> That last #if is not correct. (...) and #end are missing...
>

> While we are at it, #local would be safer than #declare.

I copied the macro out of the file I used to test it, not the version I
saved.  In other words, the slightly erroneous one.  Yes, the last #if
is superfluous and should be deleted.  In the version I saved, all the
#declare had been changed to #local.  They were made #declare in the
testing version in order to be able to read those variables outside the
macro, for debugging purposes.

The output is a vector, to be used with rotate, that will align the
object about the origin so that its y axis will now point towards
tvector.  Jumps will occur when tvector.y = 0 and tvector.x crosses 0.

And yes, an input vector of 0 will break the macro.