POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ray of light line laser with projector : Re: ray of light line laser with projector Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:04:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ray of light line laser with projector
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 6 Feb 2012 17:46:15
Message: <4f305837$1@news.povray.org>
CRIS wrote:

> small prism) and a standard light source. I dont' understand why if i use a
> spotlight doesn't work , that is the line that is projected on the box is short

The effect of a spotlight is to produce a cone of light, reducing this
to 20 degrees as you also yields a shorter line. Using

   radius 45
   falloff 0
   tightness 0

you get the full line back.

> Another question : why don't if i multiply a color of 'red principal
> light' by a constant i see also the ray of light that hits internal diagonal
> bars?

the line

   Projector

renders the projection object itself and you see that part that
is not embedded in your bars only.