POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with updating existing Pov-Ray 3.5 to PovWin362-64bit in Win7 64bit. : Re: Help with updating existing Pov-Ray 3.5 to PovWin362-64bit in Win7 64bi= Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with updating existing Pov-Ray 3.5 to PovWin362-64bit in Win7 64bi=
From: Stephen
Date: 3 Feb 2012 20:05:46
Message: <4f2c846a@news.povray.org>
On 03/02/2012 8:13 PM, ahed wrote:
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> If I keep the 3.5 installed in the architectural program, should I install the
> 3.7 in the same directory or install it in a separate directory, and if I
> install in a separate directory, do you think the architectural program will be
> able to access the 3.7?

Does your architectural program use the PovRay GUIExtensions which is

version of 3.7.
I would install 3.7 in a separate dictionary and point your
architectural program to that exe.
What I did to get Bishop3D to work with PovRay was: Install 3.7 64bit,
then copy the bin folder somewhere. Uninstall the 64 bit version, then
install the 32 bit version of 3.7 and set up the PovRay GUIExtensions
for that. That means Bishop3D will use PovRay 3.7 for rendering. But I
can still start the 64 bit version manually and load the INI file to
render the scene if I want.
Remember that if your architectural program is designed to use PovRay
3.5 the syntax is slightly different in 3.7 and you may need to modify
the generated Pov file to take full advantage of PovRay 3.7

--
Regards
     Stephen