POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Reflection, Refraction & Scattering : Re: Reflection, Refraction & Scattering Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:00:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflection, Refraction & Scattering
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 30 Jan 2012 22:12:01
Message: <4f275c01$1@news.povray.org>
Crippso wrote:

> Alain, thanks for the helpful hints. I updated my code and ran it to see what I
> got (using media rather than your idea of passing the beam through a slit for
> now). I still do not see any reflection from the front surface of the glass, or
> the rear surface... any thoughts on why these might be missing?

If you change the fresnel reflection to reflection 0.5 the
reflected beam shows up so it works in principle. The very
low reflectivity beam might be optimized away since it is not
expected to be visible (disregarding the extreme rgb).

For reflection 0.01 it begins to show up with
adc_bailout 0.000001 in the photons block. I couldn't
really get it to show for fresnel on.

The strange looking exiting beam is likely
related to photon / media quality settings.