POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Segmentation fault with animation of large image : Re: Segmentation fault with animation of large image Server Time
23 Jun 2024 14:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Segmentation fault with animation of large image
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 28 Jan 2012 14:54:52
Message: <4f24528c$1@news.povray.org>
Le 28/01/2012 19:54, Le_Forgeron nous fit lire :
> I can confirm that one, sort of: the windows being bigger than the
> screen (including border), the animation segfaults at frame 2
>
> If it can fit at 1:1, no problem.
> If it cannot fit at 1:1, frame 2 get a segfault.
>
>  povray +H2000 +W2000 +KI0 +KF1 +KFF10 +KFI0
>

>> > There is no crash when -D is used.
> Yep, will attach some debugger on that code to find it.

Well, issue is with m_PxCount... in unix/disp_sdl.cpp,
The UnixSDLDisplay::SetPixelScaled() function has it EMPTY on the second
frame of the animation.

That does not help to merge the new pixel in the mapped picture.

Now, to find where that nice vector get cleared... when the picture is
scaled.