POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray C++? : Re: POV-Ray C++? Server Time
27 Apr 2024 13:46:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray C++?
From: clipka
Date: 13 Jan 2012 19:11:31
Message: <4f10c833@news.povray.org>
Am 05.01.2012 01:34, schrieb MiB:

> Pretty much the first file I touched was
> povwin-src-3.7-RC3\source\backend\scene\objects.h
>
> Here, object types and properties are defined by flag values, operations on
> flags are preprocessor macros, operations on objects (including
> copy-construction and destructors!) are global functions instead of members of
> the Object class.

Yup. The core code to handle geometric primitives, patterns, textures
and such didn't need any significant changes to run on multiprocessor
systems (with the crackle pattern being the only notable exception I'm
currently aware of), so it just hasn't been "objectified" - yet.

I'm pretty itchy to work on those parts, too, but of course it won't
happen in 3.7.