POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ripple/wave centers : Re: ripple/wave centers Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ripple/wave centers
From: Alain
Date: 11 Jan 2012 21:22:50
Message: <4f0e43fa@news.povray.org>

> ... are lying on a rectangular grid. Is it possible to randomly move
> those centers? I tried with warp but then only the patterns are warped
> but the centers remain at the same place.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Thomas
In fact, the centers are within a 1 unit box.

You can move them apart by scaling. In this case, you should also use
frequency of the same value as the scaling if you want to keep the
ridges separation unchanged.
There is nothing preventing you from applying some un-even scaling.
You can rotate the pattern any way you want.

You can try changing the noise generator to see if it have an impact.

The option of using some random stream could be interesting, but will
probably need a more or less complete rewrite of the code for that pattern.

Alain