POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Alpha channel with background color : Re: Alpha channel with background color Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:29:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha channel with background color
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 31 Dec 2011 09:03:07
Message: <4eff161b@news.povray.org>
On 12/31/2011 08:23 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> Alain<aze### [at] qwertyorg>  wrote:
>> Effectively, if I remember correctly, the background now need a filter
>> or transmit value to allow alpha transparency.
>
> Except that anti-aliasing doesn't appear to work properly.

look at the bottom of this section:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_1.3#Anti-Aliasing_Options

perhaps the problem you are seeing can be mitigated by specifying +AG1.0
which effectively gives neutral behavior ... 2.5 is the default. Haven't
tried this ... maybe for a shot ;-)