POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Orientation problem : Re: Orientation problem Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:53:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orientation problem
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 30 Dec 2011 11:46:04
Message: <4efdeacc$1@news.povray.org>
Le 30/12/2011 17:13, kurtz le pirate nous fit lire :
> Hello,
>
> I have some difficulties to orient objects.
>

> It's not really a povray's question, probably more than mathematical :
> Is my method of calculation is correct ?
> How to properly orient my torus depending on the normal vector ?

Let's sum up: you have three points in space, two hexagons & origin.
you find the plane in which the three points are. (that's the vcross)

Then you need to move a torus to align with that plane.

I would suggest

#include "transforms.inc"

and using  Reorient_Trans(y,vn)