POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Alpha channel with background color : Re: Alpha channel with background color Server Time
18 Jun 2024 07:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha channel with background color
From: Warp
Date: 30 Dec 2011 11:32:49
Message: <4efde7b1@news.povray.org>
Cousin Ricky <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> Why does Output_Alpha=on not work in 3.7 when a background{} is specified?

  I haven't tested it, but does your background have transparency in its
color map? Because I have this faint recollection that it was changed so
that if it has, it would end up in the final image as such (and consequently
if there's no transparency, no transparency would end up in the final
image).

--
                                                          - Warp