POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chrome sphere on a... : Re: chrome sphere on a... Server Time
13 May 2024 17:37:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chrome sphere on a...
From: clipka
Date: 9 Dec 2011 09:50:56
Message: <4ee22050@news.povray.org>
Am 09.12.2011 11:48, schrieb Stephen:

> I'm sure you know that we are only having fun. :-)

With a grain of truth though, I'm sure ;-)

>> For instance, I don't think this will make it into RC4 (guess what it
>> is...)
>
> Internal sub-division of meshes?

Yup.

So far it works for smooth meshes where each vertex has only one common
normal for all faces it is part of. (Or, more informally, for meshes
without intentional creases).

Handling creases will be somewhat more difficult, as it requires
triangle adjacency information at parse time.

Mesh boundaries pose yet another challenge.