POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : transparent backlit colored gels : Re: transparent backlit colored gels Server Time
30 Jun 2024 15:08:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: transparent backlit colored gels
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 22 Nov 2011 03:35:59
Message: <4ecb5eef$1@news.povray.org>
On 21-11-2011 21:44, George White wrote:
> thank you
>
> That looks exactly right when back lit! But to make it also look right when
> front lit do I need to reduce the t component in the color vector and put back
> some pigment color and reflectivity?

You can try that, but without reflectivity. It does not add anything
here imo.

However, you still need to change media back to blue and yellow,
otherwise the gels will have the wrong colour:

#declare Blue_gel =
box {<0, 0, 0 >  <1, 1, -.01 > hollow
   texture {pigment {rgbt 1}} //make this for instance <0,0,1,0.9>
   interior {
     media {
       scattering {1, <0,0,1>*1000}
     }
   }
}

#declare Yellow_gel =
box {<0, 0, 0 >  <1, 1,-.01 > hollow
   texture {pigment{rgbt 1}} //make this for instance <1,1,0,0.9>
   interior {
     media {
       scattering {1, <1,1,0>*1000}
     }