POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : transparent backlit colored gels : Re: transparent backlit colored gels Server Time
30 Jun 2024 14:55:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: transparent backlit colored gels
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Nov 2011 03:15:53
Message: <4eca08b9$1@news.povray.org>
On 21-11-2011 8:50, clipka wrote:
> Is that your complete scene? Because when I render it I don't see
> anything brownish where the two gels overlap.
>

> Try giving the blue gel a slightly green-ish hue, say rgbf <0,0.2,1,.9>,
> otherwise the combination of the two filters will let no light through
> at all (<0,0,1>*<1,1,0> = <0,0,0>).

The boxes should be *hollow* in order for the media to show. Also, if
you want the media to show the gel's colour, do this, and switch off the
photons and the absorbtion for the time being. I think the brownish
colour comes from the way the light is treated in RL and in POV-Ray:
additive versus substractive?

      #declare Blue_gel =

                         box {<0, 0,0 >  <1, 1, -.01 > hollow
                         texture {pigment {rgbt 1}}