POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Creating a real world image : Re: Creating a real world image Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating a real world image
From: Alain
Date: 10 Nov 2011 21:36:40
Message: <4ebc8a38@news.povray.org>

> On rather different note. Say I have a box, which is hollow(a room). I want to
> change colors of different sides of this box(different colors for the walls). Is
> this possible? Or do I have to create separate boxes so I can have a room with
> different colors for each wall?
>
> Regards,
> Mike

For that case, using separate boxes for the various walls, floor and
ceiling is not a big deal. Just make sure that the walls are actualy
overlaping slightly to prevent cracks and gaps.

That way, you also have more freedom in placing the doors and windows.
You just cut them out from the wall where they are placed.

Then, there is nothing preventing you from using Jim's proposition. It
can even be used with the multi-boxes aproatch without trouble.

Alain