POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering recursive objects (Menger Sponge) : Re: Rendering recursive objects (Menger Sponge) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering recursive objects (Menger Sponge)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 9 Nov 2011 17:30:20
Message: <4ebafefc$1@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> clipka wrote:
>
>> Of course an isosurface solution would require virtually no memory at
>> all in comparison, but the formula might be hard to devise
>
> The last post in the thread I linked seems to contain a
> macro to build the function recursively.

Now that I actually tried it it doesn't work as posted,
although the idea is elegant. Probably can be rescued but
now I just dug up the version of David Wallace from the
Internet archive:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080309103235/http://www-inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dtw/pov/misc/_povsrc/iso_menger.pov

Appears to be quite usable at level 7 with todays computers
so there goes the rest of the evening ;)