POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux : Re: Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux Server Time
16 May 2024 22:36:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 9 Nov 2011 07:29:03
Message: <4eba720f$1@news.povray.org>
On 09.11.2011 09:45, Le_Forgeron wrote:

> You can propably expect to also need the pictures' formats library also
> in -dev version... start looking for :
> libpng12-dev
> libtiff4-dev
> libjpeg62-dev
> libopenexr-dev
> ... and so on (number and package name might vary with your distribution)

I mistook a "1" for an "l"... after correct that, configure went
flawless, but at the end of the "make check" process, I got a huge mass
of cryptic error messages, so "make install" did not work either.

No, I give up... or wait until I either can afford a second computer
running under Windows or the final release of 3.7 is published and
finally available as a Debian standard package! Too bad, no really good
looking indoor radiosity until at least next summer...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar