POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux : Re: Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux Server Time
17 May 2024 09:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 9 Nov 2011 03:45:40
Message: <4eba3db4@news.povray.org>
Le 09/11/2011 01:07, Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann a écrit :
 firstly all went fine... until configure complained:

> configure: error: cannot find a suitable ZLIB library
>
> What went wrong now? Or should I better first compile and install the
> whole boost v1.47 package from www.boost.org?

It's unrelated to boost.
You need a zlib library (oh, what, it's in the error message! ), the
-dev version of course.

something like zlib1g-dev on Ubuntu...

You can propably expect to also need the pictures' formats library also
in -dev version... start looking for :
libpng12-dev
libtiff4-dev
libjpeg62-dev
libopenexr-dev
... and so on (number and package name might vary with your distribution)