POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux : Re: Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux Server Time
2 May 2024 03:01:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux
From: Warp
Date: 8 Nov 2011 14:11:06
Message: <4eb97eca@news.povray.org>
Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> About two weeks ago, I tried compiling 3.7 under Linux (Debian, kernel
> version 2.6)... I soon realized that I would have to install some
> ominous "boost" packages. But as nobody could tell me exactly which of
> these packages I would have to install, I simply tried apt-get install
> boost* - and, promptly, blew my system completely as the system
> partition ran full.

> After I managed to get the system working once more, I still have no
> clue what boost packages to install...

  I would recommend that if you want to compile your own programs, you
acquire more disk space and install boost using the package manager of
your linux distro (ie. apt-get in your case), rather than trying to
kludge povray to compile with partial boost manual installations. Free
some space of buy a bigger hard disk.

--
                                                          - Warp