POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux : Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux Server Time
2 May 2024 05:11:03 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 8 Nov 2011 13:52:20
Message: <4eb97a64$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

About two weeks ago, I tried compiling 3.7 under Linux (Debian, kernel
version 2.6)... I soon realized that I would have to install some
ominous "boost" packages. But as nobody could tell me exactly which of
these packages I would have to install, I simply tried apt-get install
boost* - and, promptly, blew my system completely as the system
partition ran full.

After I managed to get the system working once more, I still have no
clue what boost packages to install...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar