POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Volume rendering with POV-Ray : Re: Volume rendering with POV-Ray Server Time
30 Jun 2024 04:41:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Volume rendering with POV-Ray
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 3 Nov 2011 14:30:57
Message: <4eb2dde1@news.povray.org>
Bene wrote:

 > in the POV-Ray rendering, I only obtain bright colors.

I think in your case you should only use scattering media.
The strong emission basically means the dense areas emit light
while the non-dense areas are transparent (note that you need
a light source then, which you might not have now).

> here's the relevant code snippet:

I'd recommend to make the density file and full scene
available for download, so it will be easier for people to
play with the settings and compare it to your render.