POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saving PovRay objects as geometry : Re: Saving PovRay objects as geometry Server Time
17 May 2024 16:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saving PovRay objects as geometry
From: Stephen
Date: 31 Oct 2011 17:12:32
Message: <4eaf0f40$1@news.povray.org>
On 31/10/2011 8:06 PM, H. Karsten wrote:
> As I Posted before, a view friends of mine, and me, we working on this. It's
> already running very well, using 3DS-Max. I tried to convert this onto GMAX -
> but the script-language does not support any exports. Not even matrix-data.

Once you have the object in 3DS-Max, can you not export it manually?

> But we decided to do this for Blender and other Aps as well. If Blender is not
> you taste, Houdini is another one, we like to bring this on.

I thought that it was a SDL script. Blender, is as you say, not to my
taste and I've not tried Houdini. I use Bishop3D to model but I have my
suspicions that its development is over. So maybe it is time to move on
to another modeller.

--
Regards
     Stephen