POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Floor configuration : Re: Floor configuration Server Time
2 Jul 2024 02:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Floor configuration
From: Alain
Date: 7 Oct 2011 16:18:23
Message: <4e8f5e8f@news.povray.org>

> Thank you. My last question. Why when I use HDR my floor is gray? I use pigment
> color<1,1,1>  Even with emission 1.I like model I get, but I want white floor.
> Help me please.

If your floor is reflective, give it something white to reflect.

You can use reflection{... metallic}. This will tint the reflection in
white.

You can give it a colour larger than 1, but it's not realistic and can
introduce some other problems.

It's also possible to have a diffuse value larger that 1, but it can
cause other problems.