POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Floor configuration : Re: Floor configuration Server Time
30 Jun 2024 03:40:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Floor configuration
From: clipka
Date: 4 Oct 2011 18:10:03
Message: <4e8b843b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.10.2011 22:34, schrieb Stan:

>> Taking a wild guess, you possibly see reflections of the HDR background
>> on the floor and don't want those. In that case, instead of using a
>> sky_sphere for the HDR background you can use a very large sphere with
>> the "no_reflection" keyword.
> Thank you, but i found it)
> http://xmages.net/storage/10/1/0/2/5/thumb/thumb_9fcaddc5.jpg
> This is my render of lego set.
> The problem I have is floor.
> When I don't use HDR I can change it reflection, brilliance and other. But when
> I use HDR floor is just white or gray(

What you describe doesn't sound like you're using POV-Ray directly. Are
you perhaps using a 3rd party tool to convert your Lego set to POV-Ray
format, and using HDR is one option of that tool?

If so, please consult the documentation of that tool; if there's no way
to do that with the tool, you may need to manually edit the generated
.pov file before rendering.