POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Floor configuration : Re: Floor configuration Server Time
30 Jun 2024 03:28:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Floor configuration
From: clipka
Date: 4 Oct 2011 09:04:04
Message: <4e8b0444$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.10.2011 08:50, schrieb Stan:
> Hallo. I begin to render lego with pov-ray. I am use Pov-Ray 3.7 because it use
> multi core computer. And I use HDR lightning.
> But I have problem. When I use HDR lighning a can't config it. I want floor
> like this one: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4739403.
> Can somebody help me how to do it?

It might be a good idea to post an image (in povray.binaries.images) of
what you've come up with so far, making it easier to diagnose what your
problems are.

Taking a wild guess, you possibly see reflections of the HDR background
on the floor and don't want those. In that case, instead of using a
sky_sphere for the HDR background you can use a very large sphere with
the "no_reflection" keyword.