POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Modeling of complex Scenes : Re: Modeling of complex Scenes Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:03:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modeling of complex Scenes
From: Sherry K  Shaw
Date: 30 Sep 2011 16:04:14
Message: <4e8620be@news.povray.org>
As Alain noted, use a test scene for working on complex objects.  A
generic test scene template with some predefined cameras, lights, and so
on is a handy thing to have around.  (I added such a scene to my Insert
menu for that purpose.)

An include file of generic "test" textures can be also be useful.
Shiny, bright colored plastic textures can help you see the fine details
of complex objects while you're building them.

Keep the code for any really complex object in its own include file so
that you can easily (1) include it in a generic test scene while you're
working on it; (2) include it in your main scene or omit it, as
required; and (3) re-use it in other scenes.

--Sherry Shaw